Datacenter Operations Technician
Job Title: Datacenter Operations Technician
Department: Technical Operations
Location: Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Florida
This position will be adding to our IT team, in support of our internal systems and our products. This is an entry level position reporting to our IT manager. The candidate will be performing computer builds, operating system installs, custom software installs, assisting customers with helpdesk questions, and hardware troubleshooting.
• Keep accurate notes and details on customer support requests.
• Be available to work either a first or second shift and participate in a rotating on-call list in order to provide 24×7 support.
• Handle miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as defined by management.
• Proactive and reactive network monitoring (all sites 24x7x365).
• Answer and complete customer cases made via phone, ticket system, and email.
• Perform special customer requests in accordance with their respective SLA’s.
• Escalate to the appropriate group whenever network outages or assistance is required.
• Contact key personnel whenever a major failure occurs.
• Document any provider-level maintenance windows that will be service-impacting
• Configuring/integrating in-house workstations and servers.
• Configuring/integrating customer servers.
• Configuring in-house and customer networking devices (all sites).
• Troubleshooting customer circuits
• Troubleshooting customer routing + switching equipment.
• Troubleshooting customer servers (multi-OS).
• Perform data backup tape rotations for customers and in-house.
• Serve as a technical apprentice to IP Engineering Tier 2 (help complete CM’s, etc).
• Serve as customer service representatives in the event that Service Center is unavailable.
• Rack and stack any networking equipment for customers and in-house.
• Receive any equipment delivered to Datacenter.
• Escort clients who have data center restrictions restriction.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
• Ability to work independently without supervision.
• Assist customers in resolving networking issues.
• Ability to multi-task, working on many items at one time, without “dropping the ball”.
• Attention to detail, and very organized.
• Experience installing software, performing system maintenance, and building servers.
• Beginning to intermediate knowledge of Linux and Windows servers.
• Understanding of Internet application technologies.
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Knowledge of Cisco Equipment, hardware firewall, and multi LAN environment a plus.
• Must be a quick learner, a self-starter, possess excellent troubleshooting and communication skills, and able to work without supervision.
• hands-on technical experience where knowledge of networking fundamentals (e.g. TCP/IP, FTP, DHCP, Telnet, routing, and client/server computing) was demonstrated.
• Beginning to intermediate knowledge of programming or scripting languages.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Our people are what make us more than one of a million other companies. That’s why we take good care of them and they take care of our customers. Here are some of the benefits Volico offers:
✓ Competitive base pay
✓ Comprehensive Medical, and Dental plans
✓ Life insurance and 401(k) retirement plan
✓ Volico lounge
✓ Employee Perk and Discount Program
✓ Casual wear, comfortable work environment
✓ Flexible work schedule with paid time off and sabbatical opportunities
✓ Training and tuition reimbursement
✓ and more…
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to [email protected]
Can’t find a job that matches your skillset? Email us at [email protected], and we’ll determine if you are qualified for any of our open positions. Be sure to include the title of the position for which you are applying.
A Volico team member will contact you with any additional questions or possible interview opportunities by email or phone. Thank you for your interest.