Job Title: Linux Data Center System Administrator
Department: Technical Operations
Location: Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, Florida
Now is your chance to work with one of the largest Data Center Hosting providers in South Florida.
Would you like to work as a Linux Administrator, wants to experience working for a world class company? We are looking for an experienced Linux System Administrator to join our team and make a difference. This position is based in our Broward Tier 4 Data Center, which is just outside of Fort Lauderdale and Miami. We are looking for highly motivated and skilled individuals who are able to excel in a dynamic environment.
• Track and debug network, hardware, and Linux / Windows OS related issues
• Install a large, scalable inventory of servers, switches, routers, and storage hardware
• Physically assist in moving and racking equipment for special projects
• Diagnose hardware issues and repair or upgrade as required
• RMA tasks for in-warranty failed hardware
• Handle incoming shipments and track assets through internal NOC system
• Use and maintain automation and installation tools
• Automate and refine processes following data center best practices
• Create documentation for the site operations knowledge base
• Lead independent projects
• Participate in first response to all operational service issues on an on-call rotation basis.
• Provide customer technical support via phone and ticket system
• Provide “Remote Hands” assistance as requested by customers
• Perform vendor/customer escorting associated with outage resolution, maintenance, moves, adds and changes
• Expert knowledge of data center best practices (i.e. basic fault tolerance, cable routing, calculating power usage)
• Experience working with servers/network hardware
• Experience working with Linux / Windows Servers Operating Systems
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to lift/move 30-40 lbs on a daily basis
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
• 2+ years experience in data center deployment and infrastructure
• 3+ years of increasing responsibility in any of the following specific areas:
• ISP Network installation and troubleshooting
• Mass storage installation and maintenance
• IT project design and execution
• Team leadership and project management
• preferred knowledge of mission critical facilities system design, operation, and maintenance.
Volico Hosting. has two data centers located in Deerfield and Miami, Florida. All technicians are designated to one of our facilities, travel between data centers may occur and will be reimbursed accordingly.
Our people are what make us more than one of a million other companies. That’s why we take good care of them and they take care of our customers. Here are some of the benefits Volico offers:
✓ Competitive base pay
✓ Comprehensive Medical, and Dental plans
✓ Life insurance and 401(k) retirement plan
✓ Volico lounge and game room
✓ Employee Perk and Discount Program
✓ Casual wear, comfortable work environment
✓ Flexible work schedule with paid time off and sabbatical opportunities
✓ Training and tuition reimbursement
✓ and more…
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to [email protected]
Can’t find a job that matches your skillset? Email us at [email protected], and we’ll determine if you are qualified for any of our open positions. Be sure to include the title of the position for which you are applying.
A Volico team member will contact you with any additional questions or possible interview opportunities by email or phone. Thank you for your interest.